All GoPeer subscriptions can be canceled at any time by doing one of the two options below:
- Downgrading to Basic or Canceling in your account settings via the Manage Billing section, if you purchased the Premium Membership on desktop or mobile web or Android
- Contacting us via live chat (bottom right)
Premium Membership subscription purchases are non-refundable. We do not bill or refund based on account activity. If you cancel your Premium Membership subscription, you will receive a confirmation email and your account will automatically downgrade at the end of your current billing period.
Additionally, we do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods.
Have more questions? Submit a request (bottom right)
Frequently asked questions
Do I pay the $20/hour rate in addition to the Monthly or Annual plan?
- Yes. Both membership plans give you unlimited tutoring at a $20/hour pay as you go rate. Tutors earn 100% of the hourly rate (i.e., if you book a 1-hour lesson with a tutor for $20, the tutor is paid $20).
Will I have the same tutor every session?
- We love when kids have awesome sessions with a tutor and want to have future sessions with them! So, if it's a great fit then we recommend working with the same tutor. However, you will always have the option to switch tutors at any time if you choose. With a membership, you will always get unlimited tutoring for $20/hour with all tutors in all subjects.
Does GoPeer take a commission on the tutor's hourly rate?
- No. Tutors keep 100% of their earnings.
Do you offer a satisfaction guarantee?
- Yes. Your sessions are protected by GoPeer's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- We use a very secure payment processing system called Stripe so your information is safe (Stripe is also used by Amazon, Lyft, Google, Spotify, Zillow, Yelp, OpenTable, Expedia, Kickstarter, Warby Parker, Slack, and many others). Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.
Can I switch my Monthly plan to the Annual plan?
- Yes. Visit your Account Settings and click on the blue button that says "Manage Billing" to change your plan. If you switch your Monthly plan to the Annual plan, GoPeer will wait until the end of the Monthly plan billing period to charge you for the new Annual plan.
Can I really cancel my membership at any time?
- Yes. Simply visit your Account Settings to cancel membership and your card will no longer be charged.