All tutors are currently enrolled college students who pass a rigorous vetting process.
Every tutor applicant is reviewed and screened by the GoPeer Team. When evaluating tutors, we look for prior tutoring or teaching experience, subject expertise, and a desire to help other students.
Tutors go through a 5 step onboarding process
- Academic screening
- Experience check
- Background check (details below)
The Background Check includes the following
- SSN validation
- Address History
- Driving records check (Motor vehicle records)
- National and international employment verification
- Sex offender registry check
- State criminal records check
- National criminal records check
- Federal criminal records check
- Global watchlist check
- Country and federal civil records check
Academic requirements for tutors
- Minimum GPA of a 3.5
- AP exam score of ≥ 4
- SAT score ≥ 1410/1600 ( 2000/2400)
- ACT score ≥ 30/36
We use a very secure payment processing system called Stripe so your information is safe (Stripe is also used by Amazon, Lyft, Google, Spotify, Zillow, Yelp, OpenTable, Expedia, Kickstarter, Warby Parker, Slack, and many others). Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.
To combat internet fraud and common scams, GoPeer uses HTTPS encryption on all pages where you submit personal information. This is a common practice on bank and credit card websites since it keeps your information safe when you use a wireless or non-encrypted network. As an additional level of security, we encrypt all personal information.
Adherence to the GoPeer Honor Code.
Safety on GoPeer also includes protecting students and tutors from actions that might hurt their academic integrity. We stand by the GoPeer Honor Code and require our tutors and students to follow it.
- Chat us (bottom right). We are here to answer your questions about GoPeer. Ask us anything!