💡Recommended Step 1: Run an Audio & Video Test. You can do this from a computer via your Chat Messages page.
🔇 Laggy video or audio? Refresh your page. Or, toggle your audio/video input by hovering over the audio/video icons.
🔎 Can't see what each other are writing? Open a new "sketch" or "notes" tab.
✳️ Use Google Chrome as a browser.
🖥 At the moment, we recommend using a Laptop or Computer for your lessons.
- GoPeer's Online Classroom also supports lessons on a mobile device, iPad, or tablet (however, we strongly recommend using a computer or laptop for the best experience).
🚨 Still having trouble?
- Shutdown and restart your computer. This will fix 99.9% of all issues.
🔇 Laggy video or audio? Refresh your page.
If refreshing your page doesn't work, when in doubt, both the tutor and parent/student should RESTART computers. Restarting your computer will fix 99.9% of issues.
👉 Your browser and operating system might not be talking to each other. Restarting can clear out stalled network settings that will allow your browser to recognize the audio/video.
Can't see what each other are writing? When in doubt, both the tutor and parent/student should try opening a new sketch tab by clicking the "+" icon.
👉 If the network is slow, the student's Sketch 1 may not be synchronized to the tutor's Sketch 1. If the tutor and student both try opening a new Sketch tab it should fix the issue.
✳️ These fix most issues (and see more below):
1. Use Google Chrome as a browser
- What are GoPeer's supported browsers?
- ✅ Google Chrome: The online classroom works best when you use Google Chrome. (Recommended for best performance)
- ✅ Safari: You can also use Safari, however, we recommend that you use Google Chrome for best performance.
- ✅ Firefox
You can download Google Chrome by clicking here (it's super easy & quick)
Browsers that are NOT supported:
- ❌ Internet Explorer
- ❌ Microsoft Edge
2. Try Incognito or Private mode. Especially if you have browser extensions, like ad blockers. They can block your camera, microphone, or speaker!
3. Quit your browser. Don't just close. QUIT and reopen.
4. Try another browser (Chrome or Safari).
5. Reboot or restart your computer. Most people don't have to do this. But it can be a fast fix if you don't want to spend time troubleshooting.
If your browser hasn't been refreshed in a while, your browser and computer might be out of sync.
⛑ 6. Run the official Google test, https://test.webrtc.org
- Google's test is for your browser in general. (It's not specific to GoPeer.org)
- 🤔❓ Click the test link. Click the start button. See if it finds problems.
- Try the above 6 steps. Contact us for help (blue button, bottom right).
👂 Using an external cam/mic? Make sure it's selected in your Settings
Click More > Cam/mac settings > Set your cam/mic as the Default
👉 Unblock camera or mic. Follow EACH step here!
🔇 Laggy video or audio? Refresh your page. Run the official Google test, https://test.webrtc.org
🎧 Use earbuds! It helps with echo.
✳️ Run the official Google test, https://test.webrtc.org, and contact us (blue button, bottom right).
✳️ ⚠️ Reboot or restart your computer. If your browser hasn't been refreshed in a while, your browser and computer might be out of sync. This can often be the smart thing to try.
Why check your browser and packet loss?
👉 Your browser and operating system might not be talking to each other. Reloading, or rebooting, can clear out stalled network settings, for example:
🔎 Incognito doesn't load your browser extensions. So try Incognito, to clarify if an extension is blocking the video call from loading.
🏃🏽♂️ Even great networks can have packet loss. And its packet loss that's important to live media streaming. Reboot or restart your computer to fix this.
- Chat us (bottom right). We are here to answer your questions about GoPeer. Ask us anything!