What is GoPeer?
- GoPeer pairs peer tutors at top colleges with students between the ages of 5-18 for 1-on-1 tutoring lessons. Our mission is to make high-quality tutoring accessible & affordable for all students between the ages of ages 5-18.
What is a private GoPeer Tutoring lesson?
We often speak with families who are uncertain if online tutoring is the right fit for their child. Once they try it, however students typically love the experience and see great results and parents often discover some incredible unanticipated benefits.
Over the last three years we have met and spoken with thousands of tutors and students to carefully refine our service. From the insights learned, we have created the most versatile digital classroom that makes online tutoring personalized, effective, and collaborative.
With GoPeer, an online tutor offers the same face-to-face personalized tutoring experience as an in-person tutor, but uses our state-of-the-art live learning platform to meet with you over the Internet.
You might not know the specifics of exactly what happens during a private online tutoring lesson, so we wanted to describe our classes to make sure you understand what your student will experience!
During the lesson
We strive to make GoPeer sessions as effective & personalized as possible. In the digital classroom, students and tutors have access to a collaborative workspace with many helpful tools that enhance the learning experience.
In the online classroom, both the student and tutor can take control of the learning environment or annotate the screen — this means the tutor can type out examples, help them navigate to a particular tool, or highlight where in the workspace the student should look for errors — all without switching seats. Our students can move at their own pace with the personalized attention of their instructor.
We also make sure that we meet each student’s individual needs. We remember exactly what made us fall in love with learning, and we’ve designed our teaching methods around that.
- Interactive whiteboard - Students and tutors can write, type, and draw on a digital whiteboard.
- Essay editing - easily review & edit word documents
- Note taking - take notes
- Collaborative file sharing - Share files like diagrams, homework, graphs and tests -- then annotate or write on top of the worksheets or images.
- High-quality video & audio communication - It feels like an in-person lesson.
- Chat via instant messaging - Need a little extra help after the session? You can always chat your tutor to ask questions.
- Review past lessons - students and tutors can review their work from past lessons that they have saved.
After the lesson
The learning doesn’t stop when class is over. To keep parents and guardians in the loop, the tutor adds a summary of the student’s lesson progress after each class. Because the classes are one-on-one, if a student falls behind, our instructors are able to accommodate them and adjust the teaching strategies accordingly. We regularly check in with parents to make sure that everyone is on the right track.
Connecting with a GoPeer Tutor
There are two ways that you can connect with a GoPeer Tutor.
- Search on our website to view available tutors. On our website, you can view their qualifications & experience and compare ratings & reviews. All tutors on our educational team go through an extensive vetting process to ensure that they will provide the highest quality experience. You can browse available tutors here.
- Request tutor recommendations from the GoPeer Team. We are always happy to provide recommendations so please don't hesitate to reach out. You can send us a message asking for recommendations by clicking the blue icon in the bottom right hand corner of this page.
If you’re interested in trying out a private online tutoring lesson, send us a message (bottom right) to receive a free trial session!