✳️ These fix most issues (and see more below):
- Reload your browser. Chrome often works best. You can download Google Chrome by clicking here (it's super easy & quick)
- Try Incognito or Private mode. Especially if you have browser extensions, like ad blockers. They can block your camera, microphone, or speaker!
- Quit your browser. Don't just close. QUIT and reopen.
- Try another browser (Chrome or Safari).
- Reboot or restart your computer. Most people don't have to do this. But it can be a fast fix if you don't want to spend time troubleshooting.
If your browser hasn't been refreshed in a while, your browser and computer might be out of sync.
⛑ 6. Run the official Google test, https://test.webrtc.org
- Google's test is for your browser in general. (It's not specific to GoPeer.org)
- 🤔❓ Click the test link. Click the start button. See if it finds problems.
- Try the above 4 steps. Contact us for help (blue button, bottom right).
👂 Using an external cam/mic? Make sure it's selected in your Settings
Click More > Cam/mac settings > Set your cam/mic as the Default
👉 Unblock camera or mic. Follow EACH step here!
🔇 Laggy video or audio? Refresh your page. Run the official Google test, https://test.webrtc.org
🎧 Use earbuds! It helps with echo.
✳️ Run the official Google test, https://test.webrtc.org, and contact us (blue button, bottom right).
✳️ ⚠️Reboot or restart your computer. If your browser hasn't been refreshed in a while, your browser and computer might be out of sync. This can often be the smart thing to try.
Why check your browser and packet loss?
👉 Your browser and operating system might not be talking to each other. Reloading, or rebooting, can clear out stalled network settings, for example:
🔎 Incognito doesn't load your browser extensions. So try Incognito, to clarify if an extension is blocking the video call from loading.
🏃🏽♂️ Even great networks can have packet loss. And it's packet loss that's important to live media streaming. Reboot or restart your computer to fix this.
We're glad to help! Chat us (blue button, bottom right).