Your free lesson code is: FREE60
What Parents & Students Say:
What is GoPeer?
GoPeer pairs vetted peer tutors at top universities with students between the ages of 5-18 for 1-to-1 tutoring lessons.
Steps to Try a GoPeer Tutor for FREE:
- Contact tutors for free via the website
- Once you have found the perfect fit, you can apply the FREE60 lesson code during the booking process
You can view the qualifications & experience of available GoPeer Tutors via our website.
How do I apply the FREE60 lesson code?
- You can apply the FREE60code during the lesson booking/confirmation process
- *The free tutoring lesson duration is 60-minutes
How to apply the code when "Confirming" a "Lesson Request" that your tutor sent?
- STEP 1: Visit the GoPeer website and navigate to your "new messages" page located on your dashboard
- STEP 2: Click the green button that says "Confirm", located on the appointment card
- STEP 3: You will be asked to “select a package” — for this step, just click the “individual session package” — you will not be charged and will be able to add the FREE60 code on the next step
- STEP 4: Add the FREE60 code and complete the following steps
Information on How Lessons with GoPeer Work
You can learn more about what to expect and how GoPeer works from our video. We ask that you please review the video to ensure an optimal session for the student and instructor. Tap below to watch.
In short, GoPeer lessons are 100% online because we have built our own online learning platform with a focus on personalization, collaboration, and effectiveness.
GoPeer’s live learning platform features a secured online classroom, face-to-face video conferencing, virtual whiteboards and saved lessons for easy review and reference.
In the online classroom, both the student and tutor can take control of the learning environment or annotate the screen — this means that the tutor can type out examples, help the student navigate to a particular tool or highlight where in the workspace the student should look for errors — all without switching seats. With GoPeer, students can move at their own pace with the personalized attention of their instructor.
We often speak with families who are skeptical about online tutoring, but once they try it, the students typically love it and see great results.
Most importantly, students have found GoPeer lessons to be relevant, relatable and incredibly helpful.
Examples of what GoPeer's Online Classroom Looks Like:
We also make sure that we meet each student’s individual needs. We remember exactly what made us fall in love with learning, and we’ve designed our teaching methods around that.
- Interactive whiteboard - Students and tutors can write, type, and draw on a digital whiteboard.
- Essay editing - easily review & edit word documents
- Note taking - take notes
- Collaborative file sharing - Share files like diagrams, homework, graphs and tests -- then annotate or write on top of the worksheets or images.
- High-quality video & audio communication - It feels like an in-person lesson.
- Chat via instant messaging - Need a little extra help after the session? You can always chat your tutor to ask questions.
- Review past lessons - students and tutors can review their work from past lessons that they have saved.
After the lesson
The learning doesn’t stop when class is over. To keep parents and guardians in the loop, the tutor adds a summary of the student’s lesson progress after each class. Because the classes are one-on-one, if a student falls behind, our instructors are able to accommodate them and adjust the teaching strategies accordingly. We regularly check in with parents to make sure that everyone is on the right track.
Connecting with a GoPeer Tutor
There are two ways that you can connect with a GoPeer Tutor.
- Search on our website to view available tutors. On our website, you can view their qualifications & experience and compare ratings & reviews. All tutors on our educational team go through an extensive vetting process to ensure that they will provide the highest quality experience. You can browse available tutors here.
- Request tutor recommendations from the GoPeer Team. We are always happy to provide recommendations so please don't hesitate to reach out. You can send us a message asking for recommendations by clicking the blue icon in the bottom right hand corner of this page.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do payments work after the free lesson?
- In short, you get the first lesson for FREE and after the first free lesson, the rate is between $25-$35 per hour. Learn how payments work.
- Tap here to learn how payments work
Why is the program online only?
- We believe that learning can happen anywhere, but resources are not always evenly distributed between where the students live and where the best teachers live. By holding our classes online, students can still get 1:1 attention that is highly effective & engaging.
- Chat us (bottom right). We are here to answer your questions about GoPeer. Ask us anything!