What truly sets GoPeer apart is our instructors. We’re extremely selective — we hire fewer than 5% of applicants, and our private tutors come from top colleges & universities. We hand-match students to make sure that everyone has an instructor that’s right for them. We believe that GoPeer’s instructors are the best in their field and provide mentorship that other tutors don’t offer.
All tutors are currently enrolled college students
Every tutor applicant is reviewed and screened by the GoPeer team. When evaluating tutors, we look for prior tutoring or teaching experience, subject expertise, and a desire to help other students.
Tutors go through a 5 step on-boarding process
- Academic screening
- Experience check
- Background check (details below)
The Background Check includes the following
- SSN validation
- Address History
- Driving records check (Motor vehicle records)
- National and international employment verification
- Sex offender registry check
- State criminal records check
- National criminal records check
- Federal criminal records check
- Global watchlist check
- Country and federal civil records check
Academic requirements for tutors
- Minimum GPA of a 3.5
- AP exam score of ≥ 4
- SAT score ≥ 1410/1600 ( 2000/2400)
- ACT score ≥ 30/36
- Chat us (bottom right). We are here to answer your questions about GoPeer. Ask us anything!